Saturday, May 21, 2011

Waiting is NOT for the Impatient!

I can't wait. How often have we all made that statement? Yet if we take it apart grammatically, it means that we are physically unable to wait for something to happen. Which, of course, isn't quite true. A more accurate statement would be, "I eagerly anticipate an event." But who's going to say that?

I'll be the first. I eagerly anticipate the first of June. Several events will happen or be imminent. First, I will have a short story published in Christian Fiction Online Magazine. That in and of itself is enough to schedule a party! Next, the critiques for two different contests I entered will be released within a short time of June 1. I am waiting to receive those critiques to edit my book The Road to Nowhere and submit to more agents.  I'm still waiting to hear back from the agent who requested to see more of The Road to Nowhere. It's been almost eight weeks. I've been advised to wait just a little longer before contacting her to be sure she received the email.

Then, of course, there's the end of the school year and the beginning of summer break. So, what can you say, "I eagerly anticipate the event" about?

No comments:

Post a Comment